Resources Used in this Project
This web project was assembled using free software downloadable from the Internet. The reason for this was both to provide an example of low cost alternatives to expensive software packages such as Flash and Dreamweaver, and also to provide a program that runs on any platform (PC, Mac, Unix) without the need for plug-ins. It is an entirely java-based approach. If you are interested in this, here are the resources used in this web project.
- Web pages were assembled in Netscape Composer, a free alternative for those of you who do not own Front Page or a similar web page creator.
- Still pictures were taken on digital camera (no, that's not free) and edited in Microsoft Paint
- Sound files for background sounds and for HotMedia were made with the computer's Sound Recorder (located in the "Accessories" folder
- Video pictures were taken with the same Sony Mavica digital camera
- the mpg movies from the camera were converted into avi format (for import into HotMedia using the Virtual Dub video editing program
- converted movies were made into streaming video using HotMedia (see below)
- Slide Shows, videos and interactive graphics were all assembled using IBM's HotMedia.